• The Associación Internacional de Galdosistas, Inc. (International Association of Galdós Scholars) stands against racism of all forms wherever it exists in the world.
• We will speak the truth, unequivocally, to promote not only a non-racist but also an anti-racist environment and, as educators, seek to center our narrative on a worldwide culture of inclusiveness.
• We call for universities, professional organizations, and the academy at large to examine our own biases, practices, and complicity with racist institutional structures.
• We stand in solidarity with people who respect and value that Black Lives Matter is both a statement and a movement, one that brings about meaningful conversations and concrete changes, one that puts on display the awareness that white privilege is real and systemic racism must be replaced by new paradigms grounded in equality and dignity, one that engages in precepts of justice for all.
• We support our BIPOC colleagues and community members whose voices are distorted or silenced, and seek to promote through our words and actions an enduring reality in which "every Black person has the social, economic, and political power to thrive."
• We strive to embrace inclusivity for all communities, regardless of race, gender, sexual identity, nationality, ethnicity, religion, social class, age or ability, and the many trends in scholarship currently being practiced by our membership are evidence of our sincere and ongoing commitment to addressing issues of inequality in all its forms and locations.
Issued by the AIG Executive Committee on July 15, 2020.
The AIG also previously endorsed the "MLA Statement Deploring Systemic Racism."